For the turkey:
5kg whole turkey
½ cup olive oil
1L chicken stock
Zest & juice of 1 lemon
Sea salt & pepper
For the stuffing:
½ bunch thyme
1 bunch sage
Large handful flat-leaf parsley
3 garlic cloves
100g unsalted butter, softened
For the trimmings:
1kg baby potatoes
2 bunches baby carrots, stems removed
2 brown onions, halved lengthways
1 garlic bulb, halved crossways
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- For the stuffing, place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Pat the turkey dry with paper towel. Add the stuffing mix to the cavity, season the turkey with salt & pepper and place in a large roasting tin.
- Spread the olive oil all over the turkey. Drizzle lemon juice and sprinkle zest over bird.
- Arrange the onion, potatoes and garlic bulb on the tray with the turkey, then pour over the stock. Cover the tin with alfoil and roast for 45 mins, then reduce the oven temperature to 170 degrees and roast for a further 3-4 hours.
- About 30 mins before the end of cooking, remove the foil and roast until the turkey is golden, and the juices from the thickest part of the leg run clear.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to rest for at least 30 mins before carving.
- Serve on a platter with trimmings and stuffing.