- 5 dried figs
- 70g or ½ cup almonds
- 20g or ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp coconut nectar
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 2 cups raw cashes, soaked minimum 4 hours
- Juice and grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut nectar
- ¼ cup dessicated coconut
- Seeds of half a pomegranate
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 tbs coconut nectar
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- BASE: Soak dried figs in water for 10 minutes to soften. Blend all base ingredients until a biscuit crumb is formed. Press into a lined slice form.
- FILLING: Blend cashews until smooth (it should almost resemble cream). Add all filling ingredients except pomegranate seeds. Spread half this mixture on top of the base. Pop into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Stir through pomegranate seeds in remaining filling and then spread on to the slice. Top with extra grated lemon rind and coconut. Freeze for 2 hours.
- SAUCE: Mix together sauce ingredients and drizzle on the slice before serving.
TIP: to remove pomegranate seeds, place one half of the fruit face down in your hand, and bash with a wooden spoon to force the seeds out into a large bowl.
Recipe and photography by Jade Walker.